The primary way Meg uses coconut oil is as a makeup remover/face moisturizer. Meghan doesn't wear a ton of makeup anyway, so the coconut oil is the perfect natural remedy for removing that end-of-the-day eyeliner.
Meghan uses coconut oil as a lip balm, for moisturizer for her face and hair, and in small doses, as an additive to food. Honestly, I thought she used coconut oil for everything. But then I found out some people really use the oil for everything. In fact, another blogger has a list of 101 uses for it!
There's obviously a lot of hype about coconut oil. But does it stand up to the claims?
Here are the facts I've learned:
- When using coconut oil on skin, make sure to get unrefined or organic coconut oil. Refined coconut oil is more likely to clog pores.
- Smells very coconut-y. Tastes less coconut-y.
- Effectively removes eye makeup. (I tried it. Meg was right.)
- Scientists are still studying coconut oil to confirm its benefits, but this blogger has an extensive post concerning the research.
here's a link to the Wikipedia article on smoke points.
Other fun facts about coconut oil:
- It melts at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. Coincidentally, 76 degrees Fahrenheit is my favorite outdoor temperature.
Cya guys later; I'm gonna go bathe in coconut oil. I may or may not return as Wonder Woman.